Ear mites in dogs ear canal causes an irritation to them and make the pets or dogs busy in continuous scratching near the ears and make pets to abnormal shaking of heads. Ear mite irritation is based on the immune sensitivity reaction of the dogs. Situation is serious and intense when the dogs react to ear mites heavily because of hyper sensitivity reaction. This results in continuous scratching near the ear, having the possibility of damage in ear canals or ear drums. In some cases dogs shake their head to such an extent that it results in bleeding from the ear due to the damage of blood vessels in the ear canal. Since ear mites in dogs are parasite infection they can be seen in any dog and can be affected at any age. Ear mites are highly contagious in nature and frequently transmitted from parents to newly born puppies. Usually when the pets are allowed to socialize with other infected animals ear mites can be easily get passed from one animal to the other and can be spread over all parts of the body.
Treating ear mites in dogs!
As soon as observing the severity of irritation in dogs it better to consult a veterinarian before the situation gets worsened. You are supposed to explain the condition of your pet detailed to the veterinarian. Following are some of the ways of treating ear mites in dogs that anyone can follow easily.
- Initially as of veterinarian prescription use the medicines listed accordingly for better results. Usually these medications will be of killing the parasites in the ear canal.
- Infected areas of the ear should be cleaned gently with the help of cotton or an commercial ear cleaner.
- Use regularly the anti biotic or anti inflammatory drugs that are prescribed by the veterinarian. However the anti biotic should be nearly 10 – 12 after the course of treatment is completed.
- It is quite advisable to use the antibiotics to the entire body to eradicate completely.
- Don’t stop the treatment without completing full course, even when the dog feels better and relief with the initial treatment.
- Since ear mite disease in animals is contagious, it is better not to allow your pet and get socialized with other dogs until the treatment gets completed.
- Pets at home should not be allowed with other animals for better prevention of contagious disease like ear mites.
- The environment where the dog lives should be thoroughly cleaned since these parasites doesn’t only depend on pet’s body.
Here are additional precautions you need to concentrate to prevent the ear mites.
- Observe the dog’s irritation, look for redness in ear.
- Check if parasites are present in ear, if yes consult veterinarian.
- Get medication & use it regularly.
- Cleanse the ear properly & apply medication.
- Massage the ears & repeat treatment.
- Wash your pet’s beddings and spray antibiotic on those beddings.